Here's the recipe as best I can remember it:
- Fry 1lbs ground chicken or turkey until cooked, set aside;
- In a pot, fry 2 medium onions, 1 zucchini until cooked;
- Add spices, allow them to roast for a minute or two:
1.5 tsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
a pinch of cinnamon
- Add the remaining ingredients:
796mL can of diced tomatoes
the cooked meat
2/3 of a medium banana, chopped
1/4 cup dried currants
- Bring to gentle boil, then reduce heat to simmer a bit;
- Add salt, cayenne pepper to taste.
For a vegetarian version, I usually replace the meat with chick peas (man, I love chick peas) and immediately after adding the tomato I take a wand blender and blend the chick peas, zucchini, onion and tomato until some of it is pureed (makes it nice and thick) but there are still identifiable bits in it.